Bay Area Dave

Default Who said Marples chisels are any good???

I'd send it to you, but I've gotten a refund on it already.

Nice try, Jim!

dave

Jim Wilson wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote...

perhaps the quality of the one ProTouch that I purchased isn't the same
as your 30 year old blue chips, Mike.

Tell you what, Dave. Send me your ProTouch chisel and I'll test it for
you. I am reasonably confident that a thorough examination of the
specific tool in question will reveal the reason it didn't perform well.
If it has a correctable problem, I'll fix it.

Either way, I'll return it to you. There's a very good chance the mystery
will be resolved, and you might even get a better tool back than you
bought. Although it is highly unlikely that I'll harm the tool in any
substantial way [1], if I do somehow manage to damage it, I'll gladly
repay you its purchase price.

See? There *is* such a thing as a free lunch. Well, you pay postage, ok?

Cheers!

Jim

[1] The hardness tester leaves a tiny dimple at the test point. I expect
to do that particular test in probably four or five places. It is
possible that I'll need to test the face (or do you call it the back?)
near the edge, in which case I'll restore that area to flat. Any other
test marks will be left behind, as they will not impair the tool's
function.