Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Lesher David Lesher is offline

Default Generac Guardian Generators

"Pete C." writes:

My policy is not handy but it does have some gotcha limit on
gasoline storage, FAR below the 1000 gal point.

You probably also live on a postage stamp where there isn't room for a
proper separation of such a storage facility, I don't have such an
issue.

Where I live is not the issue; it's where my client is, and it's
55 acres of forest. The permiiting process for a 1000 gal buried tank
would have taken years and cost $10k easily. For a propane tank,
it's a $100 fee and a check off.

But what happens when the mudslide uproots the tank and smashes it,
dumping all the LP in one explosive cloud?

Not a lot of landslides in dense forests. Denuded hillside, oh yes.

Keep water out and you don't need much if any biocide. Those diesel tank
tampons do a decent job of removing what water might get in the tank.

You might note it's drizzling slightly in the state...

I'm pretty sure we figured out how to make sealed tanks and over
pressure vents many years ago.

Well, when I worked on a tank farm, we drained the water from the
tankage weekly or more often. If you enjoy doing that kind of
scud work, have at it. And nothing so far has resolved the fact
that the manufacturer recommends not storing fuel 24 months.

Further, storing that much Diesel required local EPA approval;
maybe a dike etc. But nothing for propane; if it leaks, it's not
draining into a watershed.

Secondary containment isn't really a big deal.

Tell me that AFTER you get the permits to bury the 1000gal Diesel
tankage in a pine forest...

I don't need permits where I live.

You have a US EPA waiver, or live outside the US?

--
A host is a host from coast to