Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus29073 Ignoramus29073 is offline

Default Generac Guardian Generators

On 2010-12-22, steamer wrote:
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

You had an 18 KW Generac in your RV?

--Yeah that sounds about right. When I bought the RV, like a "smart"
buyer I turned on the genny and let it run for a few minutes: no problemo.
But the first time I took the RV on a long trip and I reeeeeally needed the
genny to run the A/C it quit after about a 15 min run! Wouldn't start up
again until it had cooled down (and I warmed up!). Turns out there's an
issue with a coil of some sort that overheats, causes shorts, and stops
working.
--I called Generac, or rather tried to: they've been bought out by
another co and they don't seem to give a **** about old machine repair! I
couldn't get *anyone* to give me ANY help at all; i.e. no addresses of
authorized repair centers, no parts available from mfr, etc. In other words
it's a dead duck and I bought a pig in a poke.
--In the end I bit the bullet and bought an Onan; had it installed
by an authorized dealer (since gone out of biz in these hard times) and have
had zero problems. Do yourself a favor and ditch the Generac: it's a boat
anchor.

Onan has awesome parts support, though pricey.

I agree with you