Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Brentnall Adrian Brentnall is offline

Default Email address for Charles Phillips Of Edinburgh Ltd, Auctioneers

On 22/12/2010 17:10, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Adrian Brentnall expressed precisely :
On 22/12/2010 15:38, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Jim K presented the following explanation :
On Dec 22, 10:45 am, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote :

As per subject, does anyone have a proper email address for Charles
Phillips, rather than their website form email system please?

This company seem to make themselves awfully difficult to make contact
with. A seemingly wrong postal address on their website, an email form
on their web site to no one responds and no contact phone number.

I managed to track down their phone number via BT, gave them a ring
and
they volunteered what seems to be a valid email address. It is not
much
different from the other one found on another web site.

'

WTF's this "not much different" sh1te?

it's identical to that shown earlier by at least two posters (one
myself) that you promptly said "it doesn;t work" to....

Email:

Best of British with that lot - sounds like a typical "how greedy and
dumb are you?" "mocktion" to me...

Jim K

Steady on...

The address I tried from the suggested website was
which produced a bounce not from their server,
but from DNS. Which suggested to me that their was not such server as
@charlesphillips.com

I also tested the
and got the same result.

What I didn't know and what you probably also didn't know, was that for
the past two or three days a number of mail servers have been without a
connection. AOL has also been badly affected.

All do seem to be back to normal, as near as I can tell.

HI Harry

FWIW - the cps@ email address seems to check out OK from here
- while the crp@ one doesn't.

Whether this will help you to get any money back.... I don't know

Good luck
Adrian

Update....

They have responded to a Read Request and responded to the email. They
suggest there will probably be a proper response tomorrow.

That's a start,,,, g

There's mention of this particular firm online

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.php?t=824407

It's not entirely complimentary - and it would seem that your rights
regarding purchases depend a great deal on what was or wasn't said
during the auction.

Be interesting to hear what they come back with...

Good luck
Adrian