Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default O.T. Next financial bubble to burst.

DGDevin wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
er.com...

Mexico will continue to deteriorate due to it's epidemic level
corruption.

Which is driven by the huge profits made by drug cartels feeding the
American desire to get high. Weren't we supposed to have learned this
lesson as a result of trying Prohibition? Make a intoxicant illegal and you
guarantee a prosperous criminal underground to supply the demand. How many
times do we need to learn this painful lesson?

The population as a whole *never* learns much of anything.

US made guns have nothing to do with it, the cartels causing
trouble there have plenty of other sources of guns, and indeed the media
tries to play up US guns being smuggled into Mexico when the reality is
they represent a small percentage of the cartel's guns.

They represent just under a third of the weapons seized by the authorities
in Mexico. As you say, there are other sources, although that doesn't argue
against trying to reduce the flow of weapons from the U.S. to Mexican drug
gangs.

Yep, and reducing that flow mates nicely with the goal of reducing the
flow of other contraband in the opposite direction. For some reason the
US left wing doesn't seem to want either flow stopped.

86% of all the gun stores in America have never had a gun used in a
crime traced back to them. Yet perhaps 400 gun dealers sold more than 60%.
of the crime guns traced by the cops--isn't it reasonable to wonder if
they're involved in the flow of guns to Mexico? Is there some good reason
why dealers consistently selling guns that end up being owned by criminals
shouldn't be the object of some close attention? I recently read an article
about a gun shop in Maryland that sells three times as many crime guns as
other shops in the area, is it maybe just possible that they aren't being as
careful as they should when it comes to preventing straw-buyer sales?
Shouldn't any gun dealer be required to have an extremely accurate
inventory, and be sanctioned when guns go missing without explanation?
Shouldn't there be more than a slap on the wrist for dealers who
persistently botch paperwork relating to gun sales?

Yep, and the laws for such exist yet somehow aren't being used to stop
those few problem dealers.

I'm a supporter of the 2nd Amendment, but that doesn't mean I need to be a
damn fool when it comes to sloppy or criminal gun dealers.

Yep, but it seems the left doesn't want those few problem dealers dealt
with, lest they no longer have any incidents to try to hype in their
anti gun lunacy. It's rather like the religious folks being against sex
ed. lest they no longer have any appreciable quantity of abortions to
use to whip their minions into a psychotic frenzy.