akomet

Default two glue questions

As far as the status of the titebond glue job I would suggest you do a test
on some scrap poplar pieces leaving them to set up over night in the 50
degree space.
Next morning test the joint!

I have the same admiration for 'Gorilla Glue" although I have used other
brands (cheaper) of polyurethane glues and have found them to be the same.
Pros: Totally waterproof! longer set up time. If you have a large project
with many parts this can be helpful. The glue seems to work better than
yellow when the joints are a little sloppy. Of course you realize that I
never relish sloppy joints fits but who is perfect and sometime it is
unavoidable!
Cons: Being careful not to use too much since it expands as it dries. Stains
your skin, should wear gloves. "Excess" clean up needs paint thinner.
AK

"pintihar" wrote in message
The bottle of yellow glue I have states that it will not work in
temperatures below 55 degrees. (Titebond II)

I just completed a project ( poplar storage chest ). I noticed that
after letting the glue set for several hours, that the temperature in
my shop is low: 50 degrees.
I have moved the project indoors. Any comments or advice on the status
of the glue job?

Also, I use gorilla glue from time to time depending on the
requirements. I love the stuff, and would welcome comments on the
pros/cons of this versus standard yellow ww glue.

Thanks,
Phil