Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Generac Guardian Generators

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 19:37:28 -0600, Ignoramus30024

On 2010-12-21, Pete C. wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 16:08:00 -0600, "Pete C."
Is the man dead or not as the result of some schlub not taking his genny
off the mains?

The factual answer to that question is "no". The man is dead due to his
failure to follow company and OSHA mandatory safety procedures. No
amount of emotion changes that fact.

Fascinating. So you have to be one of those Leftwingers ...blame the
victim.

I blame the person at fault. The fact is that the lineman would not have
been killed if he had followed mandatory safety procedures. The lineman
****ed up, didn't follow procedures and died as a result - end of story.
Put another way, what you are saying is no different than an anti gun
loon trying to blame a gun manufacturer for someone committing suicide
with a gun they manufactured.

I find this story a little bit beyond my own limits of credulity.

The lineman was supposedly working on a high or medium voltage line,
serving some substations, transformers etc and probably many
customers.

Apparently, the lineman did not properly ground the line.

Leaving aside the question of "fault", I cannot see how a single home
generator could power the entire line, power up presumably many homes
and businesses, and raise the voltage in the line to kill the lineman,
without stalling immediately. The power required just "isn't there".

I find it more believable that a) the lineman did not ground the line
and b) someone at the utility energized the line that was being worked
on, and then they tried to blame a nebulous "homeowner", conveniently,
but in apparent disregard of the laws of physics.

Or there was one house on that end of the line and the morons killed
him.

Never seen bad things happen have you?

Gunner

Top 10 Democrat Party Slogans

10. Bitterly clinging to aborton and taxes
9. We didnt destroy your freedoms, you can
visit them at the Smithstonian
8. If you want us to listen to your opinion, move to Europ
7. Someday none of this will be yours
6. We can't tax terrorism, so who cares?
5. Please don't vote us out!! None of us can hold a real job!
4. Why the Founding Fathers limited Government:
Racism!
3. Reducing America's carbon footprint, one job at a time.
2. America: We just cant wait to see how it ends!!
1. Making everything in this country free, except you.