Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus30024 Ignoramus30024 is offline

Default Generac Guardian Generators

On 2010-12-21, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 18:04:27 -0600, "Pete C."
wrote:

The guy was killed because he was careless and disobeyed both company
and OSHA safety regulations. The guy who provided the electrons the
lineman committed suicide with is in no way responsible.

Sorry, Pete, but it takes two to fry an idiot. I think most of us will
disagree with you on that last statement. Yes, an idiot lineman who
doesn't act carefully is -most- responsible, but the asswipe who
charged the power line he was working on was also responsible for his
death.

It's illegal (in many areas) to charge the power line with a genset,
period.

You know, maybe you can shed light on something. I thought that owners
of things such as solar panels, and maybe even generators, can get a
refund or money from the power company, if they feed power into an
electric line.

Is that not backfeeding? How is it different? Is there some safety to
such arrangements? Would a careless lineman ever be killed by a
backfeeding solar panel or a generator?

Curious in Illinois

Just as the
manufacturers who provided the gun and ammo that someone else committed
suicide with are not responsible.

Agreed, 100%.