Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus30024 Ignoramus30024 is offline

Default Need "higher density" terminal block

On 2010-12-20, Wild_Bill wrote:
You're not likely to find a commonly available connector that will be as
compact as just soldering the ends in a lap joint (wires meet end-to-end)
covered with shrink tubing.

Yes, but, I like to be able to undo and redo stuff without cutting
wires. Plus, a terminal block is easier to follow and document.

The bundle can then be secured to the housing or other stationary part to
eliminate any significant motion from vibration.

Vibration is not an issue in this case.

Most miniature terminal blocks are usually intended to be used as a
solderless user interface (inputs-outputs etc), and are generally part of a
circuit board or structural component of an enclosure.
Loose/free hanging cord-end or bulkhead pass-thru types aren't as common..
that's where actual connector ends come into play.

I agree. Anyway, I found something on McMaster, I will get it today if
I drive there, or tomorrow.