Mike Hide

Default Who said Marples chisels are any good???

I have been using blue chip for 30 years and am quite happy with the
product. My projects being rudimentary probably are not so demanding of my
chisels as they are of Dave's..

I suppose Marples must be either fooling a bunch of people or at least
producing an acceptable product, after all they have only been doing it for
a hundred years or so ....mjh

--

"Conan the Librarian" wrote in message
om...
Bay Area Dave wrote in message

. com...

I wasn't intending to chop deep mortises without getting dedicated
mortising chisels, but what I'm trying to explain in this thread is that
by cutting into red oak four times less than 3/16" deep, for testing the
chisel, I found the edge destroyed. my Sears did the same thing and
came away none the worse for wear. I don't intended to use a beveled
edge chisel to chop inch deep mortises, but I should be able to tap the
chisel into the wood to "mark" it.

Fine. Buy Sears chisels then. Some of us will continue to use our
Marples chisels. And guess what? We will post about our own
experiences with them. And guess what? We might not agree with you.
Get used to it.

Thanks for the snide comment.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I assumed that you must, seeing how often
you you beg for it.

I didn't say I had the Bluechip chisels. they are Protouch.

I know that. My mistake to include the words "Blue Chip" in my
by the same company. And guess what? They perform about as well as I
would expect for a set that runs less than $30.

Again, you aren't reading my posts closely. I know, I know, my posts
don't deserve any attention...

Not nearly as much as you seem to think they do.

Chuck Vance