Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default Generac Guardian Generators

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 23:01:11 -0700, Laurie Forbes

It surprises me that a diesel or gas gen would cost less to run than
natural gas as nat gas is a lot cheaper (on a BTU basis). In any case,
we want auto start/stop and don't want to mess with liquid fuels if
possible. The specific circumstances also require idiot proofness.

Does anyone know what the certainty is of the natural gas supply to
continue uninterrupted during a week+long region-wide power outage?
There's lots of capacity in the pipeline, but...
1) how long will that last
2) what kind of backup power systems do they have for it
and
3) is it Obama/FEMA-proof?

I'm kind of surprised that there's so much piped-in gas here in earthquake
land (LA county area, CA). I'd think that in a serious quake, the gas lines
would be the first to go, or maybe along with the water mains.

Cheers!
Rich