Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac,misc.consumers

Default New cheap customer recommendations?

There's some Greeks near me. Not as extreme as the folks you mention.
I wonder if they will ever call me, again. They were highly offended
that I get a fee "just to drive a couple miles over here".

I was taking stuff to a second hand shop, years ago. His favorite one
was "we had the money in an envelope, yesterday. You didn't show up,
and so my wife spent it on something." Like it's my fault that I
wasn't here yesterday. After that, I didn't show up ever again. He
killed the goose that laid golden eggs. Quack, quack! (but not at the
second hand shop).

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

I had a guy offer me $250.00 after he had already taken up $300.00 of
my
time when he had agreed to a price of $500.00 to repair a system. He
is
one of those Middle Eastern terrorists who owns a restaurant. He can't
understand why I'm not available to do any work for him. Like you said
Steve, you quote a price and you will stick to it even if some little
thing shows up that you hadn't counted on. I had a guy with a lounge
play games with my money after I had replaced a compressor in a
refrigeration unit. He was always not available or it was always next
week or some other excuse. I caught him and one of his minions at the
back door one afternoon and told him I needed to check the unit in
order
to make sure it was operating properly. I took my tools in and
checked the unit while his minion looked on. I popped the cover off
the
compressor connections and with my lineman's pliers, broke off the
common pin at the hermetic seal. I told the pair that everything was
working perfectly and I'd catch up with him later. The next day, this
jerk who had ignored me for several months started calling. The first
call was "I got your money" and subsequent calls got more agitated and
threatening. I absolutely enjoyed listening to and ignoring the
messages
from the jerk who ignored me for so long and was now desperate to get
his wine cooler running again. I don't know what the turkey
ever did about his wine cooler. I even notified the supplier that the
warranty on the compressor was invalid due to abuse and they should
not replace it if someone brought it in. I believe the guy still hates
my guts and I wouldn't have it any other way. :-)

TDD