Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Panel Edge Glue-ups Without Jointing?

I noticed on Amazon that there are several 10" Freud Glue line rip
blades.
Can you tell me which one you have had the good experiences with?

I have the LM74R010 which is the 30 teeth, 12 degree hook, full kerf,
10" blade with the red "perma-shield" coating. I am extremely pleased
with it.

As far as I can tell, the other Amazon blades are the thin kerf version
and the industial version. The industrial is the one that isn't red.
It has the "silver ice" non-stick coating, which I'm guessing
accomplishes the same thing as the red blade, without the red. :-)
The red version actually has "industrial" printed on it, too.

The thin kerf versions are for lower powered saws. If you have a
contractor saw that is under 2hp or so, thin kerf would help you out.
But if you have a cabinet or hybrid with a heavy duty motor, you'll want
the full kerf for stability.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)