Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rayovac batteries - leak problems?

I'm with you -- those Mag tailcap springs are a bit too much. I've had
some luck, put the lens on the floor, and push the tailcap with my
palm, from above.

It's a shame that people friek out when the lights go out. I've done
enough darkroom work, and fire department drills. I'm OK with darkness
for a few minutes while I find a light.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jan Philips" wrote in message
news On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 08:43:59 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Might also be the very powerful tailcap spring? I've heard that the
battery closest to the tail cap is most likely to leak.

The springs on some of the Maglites are very strong - strong enough to
make it hard to get it on in the dark.

In both of my cases, it was not the battery near the cap that was
leaking (or not leaking the most). I was able to get the first
battery out, but the second one was frozen in there.

As far as getting the flashlight on quickly (in another message), some
people in this family are stressed when the lights go out, so it is
important to get them on quickly.
--
Replace you know what by j to email