Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Weak but reliable metal glue?

Your reasons Don, are exactly why owning metalworking machines is so great..
fabricating simple parts builds a foundation of experience that will always
be useful again in the future.
Experience in making simple parts just naturally leads to the ability to
make more complex parts.
Having to use halfassed parts/materials to try to accomplish a task is
utterly frustrating compared to having the ability to make a quality part
that improves the performance and/or reliability of device/machine/tool etc.

An expanding adapter was one of my early lathe projects (an expanding shaft
to adapt a hand crank to a benchtop lathe spindle bore, on a model without
low/variable speed capability), and I haven't/wouldn't hesitate to make
others for different applications.

--
WB

"Don Foreman" wrote in message

I'll ask again what the objection is to something that expands. You
have a lathe and mill. It's an easy project, fun to do, a lot more
consistent with machine tool precision than glue, wax, rubber bands,
etc. and you'd gain lathe experience while doing it.