Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
tpurhrt tpurhrt is offline

Default Best pen kit at Woodcraft

On Dec 14, 7:46*am, jtpryan wrote:
I want to make a last minute gift this weekend so I can't order
online. There is a Woodcraft near me and I have made a few of their
slimline pens before which were nice. *But I would like to make
something that has a very nice writting feel to it, perhaps fountain
pen. *They have quite a few types and I was wondering which ones
people liked the best. *Something with a real quality feel, cost
aside.

-Jim

Jim,
To answer your question within the parameters you've listed, I've had
success with the European Style ballpoint pen. Get the best finish you
can afford (#128260/62). About $12 in Woodcraft Gold with tax. Not a
roller ball or a fountain pen, but the ball point inserts are pretty
smooth.
If 'smoothness' of writing if your prime requirement, go with the
American Style roller ball in Woodcraft Gold, about $16 in Woodcraft
Gold. I personally prefer the European(Mont Blanc) design over the
American (Parker), but that's just me. Obviously others like the
Parker style, since they're still making them,
Good luck.
Tom Weber in Merritt Island Florida (not too sunny at the moment!)