Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Default New gas furnace/AC recommendations?

On Dec 15, 8:32*pm, wrote:
On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 19:44:17 -0500, Home Guy wrote:
wrote:

I think HomeGuy wanted an example of an HVAC company denying warranty
coverage because eqpt was
bought from a non-authorized source? I think this should settle
that requestt:

http://www.rheem.com/Products/Heatin...er_protection/

"Question: Does Rheem approve any online resellers of HVAC equipment?
Answer: Rheem does not endorse, approve, or certify any online sale
of its products through auction websites, online retailers or any
other method of online sales direct to consumers without an in-person
site visit, inspection, and installation by a qualified, trained HVAC
professional).

Q: What happens if I purchase Rheem equipment from an online sales
company?
Answer: Rheem published warranties are not applicable for any
equipment manufactured by Rheem that has been sold direct to the
consumer via the internet or auction websites without an in-person
site visit, inspection, and installation by a qualified, trained HVAC
professional"

If that's not enough, here's what Trane's warranty says:
http://www.trane.com/Residential/Dow...20and%20AC.pdf

"This limited warranty does not apply if the unit was purchaed direct
(ie from internet websites or auctions) on an uninstalled basis."