Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Default New gas furnace/AC recommendations?

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 19:13:45 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 12/15/2010 6:53 PM, Home Guy wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

What about shipping charges? Some of that stuff is quite heavy.

UPS ground is ridiculously cheap.

If a company like TireRack can sell tires mail-order (where the typical
order weighs at least 100 lbs for 4 tires) then I can see how furnaces
can be shipped cheap as well.

I've seen good prices on compressors but they're very heavy and the
cost of shipping made it cost the same or more than what I can get it
for at the supply house. The same supply house where I can return a
defective unit and get it replaced right now. :-)

I got a good price on my 600 pound Unisaw a couple of years ago, with cheap
shipping too (Amazon Free Super Saver). ...and no sales tax. ;-)