Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Default New gas furnace/AC recommendations?

On 12/15/2010 6:45 PM, Home Guy wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I found the "wholesale" prices to be very amusing. :-)

But still cheaper than what home-owners see from local HVAC crooks.

Not every HVAC company or HVAC tech is a crook. The crooks are well
known to the repair guys and are hated. The dishonest service people
give everyone a bad name and the good honest service techs get very
upset when hearing about what one of the crooks pulled off. I spent
a couple of hours at a deposition involving a lawsuit against one of
the crooks who vandalized the AC belonging to the elderly mother of
a friend of mine. Those crooks shorted out her compressor and told
her she needed $5,500.00 worth of new system. I wasn't about to let that
happen. The crooks called her out of the phone book with a
$69.95 spring tuneup special which is something a lot of less than
altruistic service companies do to get their foot in the door to take
advantage of the less than knowledgeable customers, especially the
elderly. You can usually spot the crooks by their shiny new trucks.

TDD