Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default New gas furnace/AC recommendations?

wrote:

I can say '**** off, bitch, my company policy is that you
don't cut me out of my profit like that, so get to steppin'.

Here's what I'll do.

I'll call your company and ask for a quote for a furnace. You'll send
out one of your sales guys (who might also be a tech / installer) and
he'll measure and scope out my house and I'll end up getting a quote for
2 or 3 difference furnaces. I'll ask him if he's an installer. If he
says no, I'll ask him for a name or two of one of your installers.

I'll then buy one of those furnaces from an internet retailer, have it
delivered, and I'll bring it downstairs to my basement. I'll pay
probably about $1250 +/- 250 for the furnace, probably close to half of
what's on your quote (assuming you even break out the price of the
hardware on your quotes).

I'll then call one of your installers and I'll offer him $750 cash under
the table to install the furnace the next weekend (or when-ever it's
conveinent for him). I'll get his HVAC license number for the warranty
card that came with the furnace, and I'll even fill in your company on
the warrany card if there's a line for that, and I'll send in the
warranty to the manufacturer for future coverage.

I'll tell your guy that if there's a problem with the furnace in the
future, I'll call him and pay him under the table to perform any
servicing and warranty repair work, and he'll say that he'll be happy to
do it.

I'll probably save $2k after all is said and done.

How does that work for you? I'm sure you won't mind.