Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

Default Rayovac batteries - or rechargables?

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 08:47:38 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I've heard good about Eneloops. I've also tried Powergenix, which is a
different set of metals. Iron, zinc. They work well, for me. I've had
one or two cells that didn't hold a charge as well, but who can tell.
Might be just a fluke. Powergenix need their own charger, different
voltage and charge cycle. Only found in AA size.

I don't know about them but I've had good results using Tenergy
batteries - I get them through www.all-battery.com. I have no
financial or other connection with them except that I like the
batteries.

I commute by bike through much of the winter, so I use their batteries
in lots of lights as well as my heated gloves. I also use them in all
the remotes in the house. They last for a few years, with heavy use in
the winter months and fairly light use otherwise. I also use their
batteries for my two Roombas.