Andy Dingley

Default Who said Marples chisels are any good???

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:57:22 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

Must be one hell of a hinge, if you have to chop a mortise 3/16" deep.

Why not ? Not unreasonable for an old cast iron hinge.

If I were using plastic-handled Marples chisels (which I would hope
not to be, as they're low-end rubbish) then I'd expect a light hammer
to be the appropriate thing to drive them, and I wouldn't worry too
much over the bevel-edge / mortice chisel distinction.