Lowell Holmes

Default Who said Marples chisels are any good???

Knowing the kind of wood work that you do, I doubt it. I really was trying
to make a point to others.
I learned to use hand tools at Homestead Heritage and I use the techniques
they taught me along with other things I've picked up. I really am a duffer,
but occasionally I turn out something nice.
We all are more comfortable with the techniques we know, but that doesn't
mean one is necessarily better than others.
I would hesitate making something out of mesquite. I suppose I will have to
try. I make Shaker style candle boxes because it gives me practice in making
dovetails. The females in my family and acquaintances seem to appreciate
them, so the boxes never just sit around. Ladies it seems, really like
little boxes almost as much as young boys do. :-)
I wonder if I could do one using mesquite ? . . .

"Conan The Librarian" wrote in message

Your technique is probably better than mine.

Chuck Vance