Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Capturing the end of a garage door spring when hook breaks off

Larry Jaques wrote:
So you have two springs on order?

Yep. On the theory that the other spring is on its last legs & might as
well.

... Or run an extra wrap of wire around the end and insert it
into another cable clamp backwards, giving it that extra 90 degrees to
inhibit movement.

Oh, I don't think that this is what you meant, but I can just put
another loop through the one clamp.

Remember to leave a lot of slack in the cable. It
will be attempting to support the door otherwise.

The springs have always broken when the door is nearly closed (that's
when the greatest stress occurs), so that's not an issue.

Bob

Thanks for the payment, 'hope you enjoy the mags.