Mike in Mystic

Default Who said Marples chisels are any good???

I spent a fair amount of time flattening them with some 150 grit wet/dry
sandpaper. I didn't time it exactly, but let's just say it took more than
30 seconds but less than 5 minutes. As these things go, I'd say that they
were pretty flat right out of the box. Keep in mind, I only flattened the
1-2 inches right near the edge.

Mike

"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." wrote
in message ...
On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:25:46 GMT, "Mike in Mystic"
wrote:

They are MUCH higher quality than the Marples, and for $100, I think an

even
better value.

Mike,
How flat was the back of the two cherries when you got them?
They look good, and I'm thinking of picking some up myself.

Thanks,
Barry