Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Ungrateful *******s

Jim Newman wrote:
On 12/12/2010 19:12, jgharston wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
I have an old lady customer who gives me a cheque for the bill,
then press's a 1 coin into my hand saying "get yourself a pint on
the way home" :-)

I let an elderly neighbour benefit from my outside light
to see to get to her electric scooter. She kept insisting
on paying for the electricity. I told her it was probably
something like a pound - so she dug one out and wouldn't
let me leave without it

Of course a true professional like TMH would have looked online for
the most expensive rate, then discounted it by 10% and thought he
was doing his customers a favour!

Another ****** who has never been self employed.

Does being self employed justify overcharging your customers?

When I charge expenses to my customer, I charge the actual amount, not
some made up figure.

I charge a separate amount for my expertise and skills.

The customer knows what are the costs of 'me', and can also check on
the specific expenses for the job.

You may choose to do it differently, but it cannot be denied that
you're overcharging the extra costs onto your customers.

Anyone with a brian cell charges a markup on parts.

--
Adam