Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Ungrateful *******s

geoff wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
Andy Cap wrote:
Anthony R. Gold wrote:

Of course taking kids out on jobs is unprofessional, so you need to
explain that you are only offering to do that as a favour to them.
I guess you are a brilliant plumber who could benefit from a brief
course in bedside manner. Tony

Anyone with an ounce of common sense, would have been delighted to
see someone qualified at such short notice to dig them out of the
crap and willingly occupied the child, whilst the man was busy,
even if only in the selfish hope of minimising the bill. Pompous
and stupid to boot.

I never spoke to the customers before I arrived there. The owner of
the firm had gone through a checklist of possible solutions with the
customers before phoning me. I apologised to the customers when I
arrived about having to bring a 5 year old with me.

What really got my back up was

1. The customers were nice and polite to my face but stuck the knife
in when my back was turned.

2. They were a pair of liars. They had not worked through the
checklist with the owner of the firm when they were on the phone.
They just wanted someone to come out and fix the fault for free.

3. Was I offered a brew? No

4. Why the hell should I have to apologise for turning up on a Sunday
morning to fix an easy fault (a fault caused by the customer)?

So, what was the actual fault ?

The customers are on a pre payment gas meter and they were out of
gas/credit.

Total ******s IMHO

--
Adam