Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Ungrateful *******s

Dave wrote:
On 12/12/2010 16:54, ARWadsworth wrote:
I got a call this morning from a building firm I work with about a
customer with no HW or CH.

As it was Sunday morning and I live local to the job (everyone else
is at least 20 miles away) the owner of the firm called me and asked
if I would nip round for a quick look.

I went round and fixed the fixed the problem. However I was looking
after my girlfriend's 5 year old lad at the time so I took him with
me. The ungrateful *******s later phoned the company back to tell them I
was unprofessional by taking a child to work with me. That phone
call moved them from a "free courtesy call out" to a "billed call
out" as they could have fixed the problem themselves. With a bit of
luck they will get the bill on Tuesday morning:-)

Wife phoned our tame local plumber yesterday and he phoned back last
night to find out about the problem we had. (Leaking feed pipe to
toilet cistern.)

To cut the story short, he cut the copper pipe before the bends and
fitted a flexible one and fitted a replacement ball valve assembly,
that I supplied.

When I asked what he wanted for the job, he just said give me £20-00.
I'm going to give him £25-00 and tell him to buy himself a drink.

I have an old lady customer who gives me a cheque for the bill, then press's
a £1 coin into my hand saying "get yourself a pint on the way home" :-)

She must be very old, bless her. It's the thought that counts.

Dave