Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard J Kinch Richard J Kinch is offline

Default Glide dental floss = PTFE ?

Karl Townsend writes:

But, I have mono filament backer at the bottom of the roll of suffix.
If a fish ever spools me to this backer, I'm FUBAR. I know of no way
to tie trylene to Suffix that holds.

Let me reveal what I find works to bend Glide floss: this is based on the
fisherman's knot:

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/18525...1fisherman.png

BUT before tying this, you must put a figure-eight stop knot in each end:

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/13510...es/fig9-10.gif

When drawing tight, the knot ends will start to slip through the
fisherman's knot, but then ends then stop and lock when reaching the figure
eight stops.

Now this is a bit tricky to manipulate in this slippery and filmy floss,
but if you can get it done, it usually works.