Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Glide dental floss = PTFE ?

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 02:27:19 -0600, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Don Foreman writes:

What might that knot be

My knot is none of your guesses (although I haven't tried yours)

why would one need a bend for dental floss?

This stuff is so slippery, the only way to stretch it tight is to have a
loop of it.

Richard, can i hijack your thread? Knot query for slick ****.

Speaking for slippery hard tie stuff - Suffix braided fishing line.
I've learned to tie on a hook with an improved clinch followed by
several half hitches, then an overhand loop to keep the line from
pulling through.

But, I have mono filament backer at the bottom of the roll of suffix.
If a fish ever spools me to this backer, I'm FUBAR. I know of no way
to tie trylene to Suffix that holds.

Karl