The Good Bohemian

Default Beaver 6200 9" contractor ts - tehcnical questions

In article , Unisaw A100
wrote:

Andrew, The Good Bohemian wrote:
Good evening... If any of you collectors of older Beaver/Rockwell
table saws are listening, perhaps you could help?

We'll give it a go.

This saw was never released with a guard assembly offered

Are you sure of this? The 8" Beaver had a splitter/blade
guard so I'd suspect the 9" would also.

According to both Delta and Ace Tools, the 6200 Beaver saws never hit
the market with a guard/splitter option. That being said, the 6201s
did have an add-on (part# 34037 - Blade Guard and Splitter). This
part# is nowhere to be found so I was searching some alternatives and
testing the water to see if there were any other folks in the same boat
as me.

I would put back what you think went there be it a bearing
spacer or what. As for ordering a new assembly,
wheredoyougetone?

UA100

The arbor assy. can be ordered both through Delta and also Ace Tools.
The original listing was 417-97-303-001 and was replaced with a
cross-over listing for it as #422-04-303-0005 (I think the Unisaws are
0003 but I am not certain off the top of my head). Anyway, I have no
problems with the $69.09 CDN price tag for the assy - I just wanted to
see if even the smallest fraction of play was normal. The advice about
taking the works to a machine shop may be the order of the day.

Thanks again for your help,

Andrew.