Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Chomp Noamsky Chomp Noamsky is offline

Default No Salute for Staff Sergeant Giunta?

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Don Foreman wrote:

The occasion is military: a military honoree receiving a military
decoration for exceptional military performance in the line of duty.

The president is a civilian.

Should the ceremony be conducted in a military manner, or in a
civilian manner with hugs etc?

Is the event about the honoree and his heroism or a showcase for a
most exhalted president?

If the 'president' isn't going to honor the man for his actions, he
should have just mailed him the medal.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!

Rumor is that he had burned his hand earlier while toking on his crack pipe,
and he didn't want the cameras to pick up the band aid, lest the rumors
about him fisting Joe Biden would gain traction.