Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default New gas furnace/AC recommendations?

On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 21:03:33 -0500, Home Guy wrote:

And I still say that having the ability to draw return air totally from
a dedicated outside duct in the summer and force the normal return air
out of the house through another duct is more energy-efficient at
cooling your house vs using an AC during those times when the outside
air temp is lower than the current inside air temp, which frequently
happens in the late afternoon and evening in the spring and late summer.

I totally agee with that.
Probably isn't done because of issues with ducting to the outside.
For my basement furnace it wold take a up window, not counting the
ductwork and diverters.
So we open the windows when it's cooler outside than in.
But if there's no breeze you really need fans in the windows to make
that work well.

--Vic