Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default late (too late) winterizing of water faucets: 24F, can't open outside faucet

David Combs wrote:

Anyway, it's now 24f outside (1am night), can't "open" the
valve in the faucet. Try to twist-open the faucet (ie counter-
clockwise), won't move.

Since you have already been given good advice, I won't repeat what has been
said.

What I will suggest is that you make sure you can access and turn of the
water main valve before you go thawing out your pipe(s). If you have a
busted pipe, it will be a lot easier to have already determined the status
of the main valve, and know that you can shut off the incoming water.

Jon