Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer steamer is offline

Default Cutting Linear Motion Shaft Without Distorttion

Bob La Londe wrote:
Abrasive with coolant? I have seen plenty of cold cut saws with carbide or
other tips. Tounrey blades are one that come to mind that work well at slow
speeds with coolant, but didn't know there were abrasive blades that were
designed to run with coolant. I wish I had a slow speed coolant bath saw,
but I can't justify the cost just yet.

--FWIW there's one thing *my* wet abrasive saw isn't and that's slow.
I turn a 6" dia blade at 5,000rpm which works out to 7,500sfm more or less.
Kerf is pretty narrow: 1/16"; it's fun when the blades explode... ;-)

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Time flies like an arrow
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Fruit flies like a banana