Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Completely and utterly OT - People annoy me

On 09/12/10 13:02, Pete Zahut wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Pete Zahut wrote:

his exact words were, "Wow, I'd love to see Paul Rodgers but it's
just to far ahead to know what I'll be doing in April".

Is it "I" or "we" as far as he's concerned? i.e. he may wonder if
school hols are around that time ...

Hmm, he has got kids but I thought that the school year was mapped out and
tabled in advance so that parents know when holidays are? We haven't got
kids so I don't know about such things.

They are if you have the nouse and/or can be arsed to look.

It's surprising how many people don't know how to google stuff, or even
suppose that it might even exist.

I do suppose that East Sussex country council *will* publish the term
dates for the entire year - but I also know that it will be impossible
to locate via their website - so GoogleTime...

What they don't publish are the endless bloody "inset days" that involve
me or SWMBO taking another day off to cover. Sure we never had those
(2/term) 30 years ago...

FFS I get 30 days annual leave + B/H and I use it *all* just covering
this stuff...

OTOH you can also find school terms for regions in France, Belgium etc -
so it is possible to plan a half-term break there when their grotty oiks
are still in school - that's priceless

--
Tim Watts