Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Can you believe this email

On 09/12/10 10:40, Jeff Gaines wrote:
On 09/12/2010 in message

robgraham wrote:

t's the pomposity of it which comes out at me. I might almost
suspect that the guy was some legal wally, but then I'm more thinking
he's a plonker that thinks he's going to get a better service if he
uses long words and fancy phrases.

I didn't see any long words or fancy phrases in there. I have sent
similar queries to suppliers for computer bits and always had had
replies, either saying yes it is compatible or no, but try this instead.

I agree that it seems like a nervous customer.

Geoff - why not just send a succinct and polite short reply confirming
that the part is correct and whilst your firm always endeavour to
recondition parts to a high standard, it is a reconditioned part at a
reconditioned price with a 1 year warranty and leave it at that. If he
orders fine, if he wibbles again then suggest new-from-manufacturer part
may be mre to his taste.

2 emails at most, 50% chance of a sale.

Of course - if you are worried he'll hassle you until you die, then
he'll hassle your ghost, then you have to let your instinct decide that one.

--
Tim Watts