Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default *OT* Dragnet Episode

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 06:51:33 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

I should have realized the name was legit, when one
of the characters started bragging about his Leica IIIf,
the penultimate of the Leica screw-thread cameras.

The ultimate being a Canon 7S with f0.95 lens?

No, the Leica IIIg. Not that I wouldn't mind having one.

I had a Leica IIIc, with almost all the accessories, lenses, and
enlarger many years ago. Nobody builds cameras like that any more. I
did some side by side comparisons with a common SLR of the time (Asahi
Pentax Spotmatic). The picture quality difference was really obvious.
I replaced the focal plane shutter, mirrors, and rebuilt the
self-timer several times. Unfortunately, I sold everything in the
late 1980's for peanuts. Sniff...

http://www.westlicht-auction.com/index.php?lang=3
$500,000 for a Leica MP2. $200,000 ea for some others.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D