Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gloat Electric Motor

On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 19:23:59 -0500, Bob Engelhardt

www.prairieturbines.net - article on a 3 phase motor/generator with 1
phase tied to a local power company's lines.

Hul

http://www.prairieturbines.com/

ROI would be long, long, long. One guy is installing 10Kw units for
$25k. Even at 25 cents per KwH, payback takes over a decade, longer
if you have any maintenance whatsoever. But, you're doing something
green (spending them) and helping save the old grid. Go for it, guys!

LJ sez: If I lived in an area where the wind was blowing 23 mph all
day, I'd move to somewhere more friendly to lifeforms.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London