Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Scam?

On 2010-12-08, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 15:08:30 -0800, "azotic" wrote:

?
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
. ..

Hello,
Thanks for your response and i am very sorry for been so long
replying, I really want to buy the item and i am very greatfull that
you said it is still available. I'm ok with the price and condition. I
am paying you with a bank certified check and when you received the
check and cash it. We can arrange for the pick-up then. Quickly get
back to me with the below information, So that i can quickly send
the check out to you to make fast transaction.

[ ... ]

Hope to read from you soon.

[ ... ]

Yep its a scam, since when did we start using postal codes ?

Best Regards
Tom.

Bravo! Well done Sir!

There are also 2 grammatical errors...or non American syntax in there
that tend to make one believe its an out of the US scam.

Anyone else find the last 2 indicators as of yet not mentioned?

Well ... "greatfull" instead of "grateful", using the lower case
'i' for the personal pronoun, "read from you", "received" instead of
"receive", "the pick-up" instead of "a pick-up", "Quickly get back to
me", "to make fast transaction" without "a" before "fast".

Many of those could just be typos -- but the overall feel says
that is not the case.

What do you want to bet that he will send you a check for too
much, and expect you to send the excess to some third party in the US --
so you are in essence at a minimum laundering the money if the check is
truly valid, which I strongly doubt."

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564