Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default No Salute for Staff Sergeant Giunta?

On 12/7/2010 6:12 AM, wrote:

You are right. I should have said " In this instance ..... "

Wrong again. .................................................. .............. it doesn't change the fact that the vast percentage of the
money the rich keep doesn't create jobs.

If they spend the money, it creates jobs. If they invest the money,
it creates jobs.
If they stick the money in a mattress, it does not create jobs.

You're right on both counts. Putting money in the mattress doesn't
create jobs. Buying products and services and investing does. But it
doesn't create very many jobs, which was my real point. We lost 8
million jobs so we need to create a lot of jobs. The number of jobs
created by the frivolous spending of the rich isn't going to cut it. We
need to create 250-300 thousand jobs a month. We need to find a way to
get businesses to create jobs on this scale. It'll never happen by
giving tons of money to the rich in tax cuts, especially when it's money
that we will need to borrow from the Chinese. So, that is what I meant.

Now show that you really do have a college degree and write well
reasoned posts.

I always do. But I also keep my audience in mind too. I'm not in a
classroom. This is an informal situation. So I write with the knowledge
that lots of people in this newsgroup don't know a damn thing about the
subject at hand.

True, there are some idiots posting here, but you can do better.

That's true but at times all of us get frustrated and write things that
we later regret. Well, maybe not all of us. You need a conscience for
that and some people here surely are lacking one of those. You can
probably think of a few names that come to mind right off the bat.

Hawke