Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Panasonic Viera TV ****-up

On Dec 6, 8:09*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Higgs Boson" wrote

I am probably going to return the set and look for something smaller.
32" is too big for the bedroom. *Also *-- *IMPORTANT --since I'm most
comfortable with the 4.3 ratio, why do I need all the stretching and
zooming and big black spaces on each side of the screen?

I don't think anyone makes a TV with 4:3 any more. *You don't need the
stretching and you get a better picture with the sidebars in most cases.

I'm assuming you are not using an HD box?

Yes, Verizon does rent an HD box. Much of this info I furnished
earlier in this thread, but I guess it gets lost along the way.

*If not, you are really missing
out on a much improved picture over SD. *The difference is like driving a
Pinto versus a Lamborghini. *I'm so spoiled with HD quality I rarely watch
anything not broadcast that way now. *In HD, the 16:9 is very natural and
you'll appreciate that 32" screen. That is what we have in our bedroom.

It does have 16.9. I'm saying there is a button to change aspect
ratio to this & that, none of which I find appealing.
I end up leaving it in 4.3.

Do yourself a favor and check it out before sending that set back. *You may
be sorry you did a few moths later.

As mentioned earlier, I can't use a set that doesn't have a headphone
feature, and this one doesn't.

Also, I see no reason why I have to dance between two remotes, one of
which can change stations and do recording, while the other one
controls volume and mute. That's ridiculous.

HB