Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default No Salute for Staff Sergeant Giunta?

On 12/5/2010 4:43 AM, wrote:
On Dec 4, 10:11 pm, wrote:

So
it's clear that cutting taxes doesn't get anyone to hire people. What
cutting taxes for the rich does is it allows the already rich to spend a
lot more money on personal consumption.

Hawke

Wow. Fourteen posts in two days in this thread by Hawke.

Yeah, that must be a new record for me. Of course, it's nothing compared
to some others who shall remain nameless.

First you do not seem to be able to grasp that Obama is human and can
do anything wrong. If it is tradition to salute those that receive
the Metal of Honor, then Obama should have done it.

There's your first error. I've already said several times where I think
Obama is making mistakes. Afghanistan is a big one. Making a deal with
the republicans to give the 2% a tax cut is a mistake, which he's going
to do. So that disproves your idea I find nothing Obama does wrong.

Second you use very faulty logic. If cutting taxes for the rich
allows them to spend a lot more money on personal consumption, then
that creates a lot of jobs making the things that the rich buy. Good
example is yachts. The Democrats slapped a big tax on yachts and it
nearly wiped out all the jobs in the yacht making sector before the
Democrats realized what they had done and repealed the tax.

Wrong again. If rich women go to Nieman Marcus or Tiffany's and buy a
lot of stuff you say that creates new jobs. No way. But the fact is if
the rich keep an extra 70 billion this year because of tax cuts they
will not spend it all on consumption. Most will go to investments like
stocks, bonds, etc. A lot of it will go to investments in other parts of
the world. So the fact is that giving the rich more money is not going
to make new jobs. The yacht story is bogus too. I know all about it. How
many people, even rich ones buy a yacht? Hardly any. While it is true
that those few millionaires that bought yachts during that period bought
them overseas it doesn't change the fact that the vast percentage of the
money the rich keep doesn't create jobs.

Third you would have a lot more credibility if you acknowledged that
all of those in Congress are human and make mistakes. You just claim
the Democrats are great and the Republicans are terrible. Remember
Senator Rangel? He just got a reprimand. For tax evasion, he should
have gotten some real punishment. Not just told he was a bad boy.

Rangel got the same treatment that anyone in congress would have gotten
for what he did. They make their own rules. If he is guilty of tax
evasion he's just as liable for it as you or I. That's an IRS matter not
a congressional one. The truth is most of what he was accused of was
very trivial stuff. He was guilty and was penalized for it. When a
Democrat does something wrong I am not any less glad to see them pay for
it. I'm not a Democrat. Anyone in a position in congress who breaks the
rules should pay the price. It's just that the republicans are the ones
usually doing the bad things. Don't bother to bring up congressman
Jefferson, of the money in the freezer, because he's in jail. Which he
deserved. But how about David Vitter, senator of Louisiana who got no
punishment for consorting with prostitutes?

Now show that you really do have a college degree and write well
reasoned posts.

I always do. But I also keep my audience in mind too. I'm not in a
classroom. This is an informal situation. So I write with the knowledge
that lots of people in this newsgroup don't know a damn thing about the
subject at hand.

Hawke