Posted to alt.home.repair

Default low pressure water to dishwasher?

On Dec 6, 12:35*pm, dumbstruck wrote:
Can a dishwasher still clean as well if the water pressure is
extremely low? I realize it mostly runs off an internal reservoir
which gets filled OK and pumped around, but is there a mode that also
uses tap water pressure? I am thinking of how clothes washers
sometimes rinse soap off by injecting tap water during the end of a
drain cycle.

The problem is it's copper feed pipe was severely kinked, and is too
inaccesible to fix easily. The dishwasher doesn't clean too well. tks

You need to fix it. Many dishwashers turn on the water supply for a
set times with a float as overfill protection. If the supply is
restricted it will not fill enough.