Posted to alt.home.repair

Default low pressure water to dishwasher?

Can a dishwasher still clean as well if the water pressure is
extremely low? I realize it mostly runs off an internal reservoir
which gets filled OK and pumped around, but is there a mode that also
uses tap water pressure? I am thinking of how clothes washers
sometimes rinse soap off by injecting tap water during the end of a
drain cycle.

The problem is it's copper feed pipe was severely kinked, and is too
inaccesible to fix easily. The dishwasher doesn't clean too well. tks
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 6, 12:35*pm, dumbstruck wrote:
Can a dishwasher still clean as well if the water pressure is
extremely low? I realize it mostly runs off an internal reservoir
which gets filled OK and pumped around, but is there a mode that also
uses tap water pressure? I am thinking of how clothes washers
sometimes rinse soap off by injecting tap water during the end of a
drain cycle.

The problem is it's copper feed pipe was severely kinked, and is too
inaccesible to fix easily. The dishwasher doesn't clean too well. tks

You need to fix it. Many dishwashers turn on the water supply for a
set times with a float as overfill protection. If the supply is
restricted it will not fill enough.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/6/2010 11:35 AM, dumbstruck wrote:
Can a dishwasher still clean as well if the water pressure is
extremely low? I realize it mostly runs off an internal reservoir
which gets filled OK and pumped around, but is there a mode that also
uses tap water pressure? I am thinking of how clothes washers
sometimes rinse soap off by injecting tap water during the end of a
drain cycle.

The problem is it's copper feed pipe was severely kinked, and is too
inaccesible to fix easily. The dishwasher doesn't clean too well. tks

the problem with dishwashers is that they fill by time only. If there's
a restriction, then not enough water is admitted.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 09:35:59 -0800 (PST), dumbstruck
wrote:

The problem is it's copper feed pipe was severely kinked, and is too
inaccesible to fix easily.

THAT kinked pipe will eventually leak at the fold/crimp.

Fix her now.

Search here or others places for Sharkbite fittings?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 6, 9:35*am, dumbstruck wrote:
Can a dishwasher still clean as well if the water pressure is
extremely low? I realize it mostly runs off an internal reservoir
which gets filled OK and pumped around, but is there a mode that also
uses tap water pressure? I am thinking of how clothes washers
sometimes rinse soap off by injecting tap water during the end of a
drain cycle.

The problem is it's copper feed pipe was severely kinked, and is too
inaccesible to fix easily. The dishwasher doesn't clean too well. tks

A kinked supply is not a great situation.
Dishwashers fill by time so restricted flow could leave it with not
enough water to wash well.

To determine if the poor cleaning is due to not enough water, you can
do some experimentation.
Every time the fill cycle ends, open the dishwasher and add a few
quarts of hot water (use a sauce pan).
If there is already enough water, the excess will drain via the
overflow. If there wasn't enough, otu've now topped it off.

Do this in every fill cycle and compare the results. If the outcome
is better, fix the line. If not, don't.

If it's not the water supply, try some Lemi Shine to clean the
dishwasher.

cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The problem is it's copper feed pipe was severely kinked, and is too
inaccesible to fix easily.

THAT kinked pipe will eventually leak at the fold/crimp.

Fix her now.

Search here or others places for Sharkbite fittings?

Ditto.

And if that doesn't solve it this may be useful reading.

http://fixitnow.com/2005/02/applianc...dishwasher.htm

I had a cleaning problem once. It turned out to be glass and other
abusive junk in the food chopper that caused it to self destruct. FWIW.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDeta...ssembly/830886
Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve Barker wrote:
On 12/6/2010 11:35 AM, dumbstruck wrote:
Can a dishwasher still clean as well if the water pressure is
extremely low? I realize it mostly runs off an internal reservoir
which gets filled OK and pumped around, but is there a mode that also
uses tap water pressure? I am thinking of how clothes washers
sometimes rinse soap off by injecting tap water during the end of a
drain cycle.

The problem is it's copper feed pipe was severely kinked, and is too
inaccesible to fix easily. The dishwasher doesn't clean too well. tks

the problem with dishwashers is that they fill by time only. If there's
a restriction, then not enough water is admitted.

My dishwasher fills until a float cuts power to the fill valve. The
cycle timer will eventually cut power, but then the dishwasher would not
have filled enough.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks to all for very helpful replies...