Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Speeds / Feeds / Depth

I had received an e-mail recently saying the G-Wizard was going to go to a
subscription basis. It sure sounded like you would have to pay every year
to continue to use it. I don't mind paying a fair price for a copy, but
paying for a license to use it every year sounded a bit excessive to me. It
started me on a hunt for a speed/feed/depth calculator to replace it. I
found a reference to a freeware program called ME Consultant 2.0 on an old
conversation from 2003 on CNC Zone.

I found a copy he
http://www.softsea.com/download/ME-Consultant.html

I scanned the download with Avast, but you should scan it too just to be
safe.

It seems to work similar to G-wizard except totally free. I noticed there
is no accounting for horsepower. In small cutters that's not an issue, but
in bigger cutters that could be a problem. I figured take its numbers and
stay conservative. G-wizard gives me numbers some times anyway that I know
will plug and break a cutter.