Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Do I really need 200 A main service?

On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 15:11:39 -0500, "RBM" wrote:

Here is one of the many articles regarding GM's claim of 230 MPG:
http://gm-volt.com/2010/04/19/chevy-...ll-be-reduced/

I saw that, but never believed those claims.
The EPA at least gets close.
Somebody here with good math skills can convert $4.00 gas to the
electric rate you would pay to get 230 MPG.
But even then they better lower the Volt range to 35 miles, which is
what real world tests say it gets - without A/C or heat running.
Like I said, given my driving needs it would work for me.
But not at the current price.
I only spent more than $3500 on a car once in my 63 years.
I'll never own a Volt.
Plenty of others will if it succeeds.

--Vic