Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Do I really need 200 A main service?

On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 15:05:01 -0500, "RBM" wrote:

If Toyota only made the Prius, they'd be out of business

Yep, I heard they were taking a big loss on each initially.
Don't know if that's still true.
And reports say that GM is only making $1000 per Volt.

It's way too early to know if GM is really making a profit.

I'm only going by press reports.
I don't trust them either.

The EPA hasn't yet figured out how they're going to figure MPG's for this
type of vehicle, so all kinds of numbers are being used currently

EPA pegged the Volt at 60 MPG.
I think gas powered it gets about 35 MPG.
If your driving allows you to run all electric, then you can figure
your "MPG" by converting charging costs to gasoline cost.
We'll be hearing a lot about it in the next few years.

--Vic