Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Do I really need 200 A main service?

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 10:24:21 -0800 (PST), rlz wrote:

the electriv vehicle comments, I have a 5.9L v-8 in a 1500 Dodge
Ram to haul loads of construction and landscaping material. I just
can't imagine a electric vehicle that will handle that unless I haul
miles of extension cables.

Good for you. I can't imagine owning your Ram.
Just shows neither of us have any imagination.
BTW, I hauled tons of material in my Ford pickup with a 352..
Later I hauled even more tons of material in a Chevy Corsica with a
little 2.2.
In the trunk, back seat and tied to a roof rack.
No good for furniture and appliances though.
Those I usually got with free delivery or paid 50 bucks.
Nobody says you have to buy an electric vehicle and nobody can tell me
to buy a Ram.
Different strokes.
I love America!
BTW, here's something to get your imagination going.
Probably pie in the sky but who knows?
http://gm-volt.com/2009/03/02/gm-con...-pickup-truck/

--Vic

and I started my electrical contracting business in a Ford Pinto. Now I
use a 2010 Sprinter. I'd love to get the Pinto's milage out of the
Sprinter, and I'd buy an electric Sprinter in a heartbeat, if it was
affordable and did what I need a vehicle to do. I agree, "different
strokes", and I never want that to change