Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do I really need 200 A main service?

On Dec 5, 1:39*pm, Vic Smith wrote:
On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 12:52:26 -0500, "RBM" wrote:
I think that if 95% of the driving public go less than 40 miles per day, and the car could be built,sold,
and *maintained, and didn't need to be subsidized, and the car company could make a profit,
at least some *reasonable segment of the public would buy it. That currently isn't the case.
I also think that if GM believed that they had a "winner", they wouldn't have to come up with a
secret, convoluted formula for figuring MPG's @ 230

1. *You don't need 95% market share of anything to succeed.
2. *Yes, the product has to be solid.
3. *Yes, the Volt is being subsidized, as was the Toyota Prius and all
the high efficiency furnaces they're talking about in another thread.
4. *GM is making a profit.
5. *The EPA determines MPG figures, not GM. *And it's not 230 MPG.

So you're batting .400.
In baseball they'd call you Ted Williams and you'd be a hero.
With most work it just gets your ass fired.

--Vic

anything that cuts our importing of crude oil, espically from the mid
east is a good thing.....

our mucking about in those countries business over oil is largely why
terrorism exists.....

just look at wiki leaks, and what our country has been up to